Lesson 10 - RECRUITING PEOPLE TO JOIN YOUR GROUP
Ben shares what he has learned, over 20 years of minister, about how to recruit people
Recruiting people to join your group
How I recruit:
- Interview them (C-A-R-E; see below) (Interview vs. Begging).
- Clearly explain what Holy Clubs Firm Foundations is.
- Share the results that they can expect from joining your Holy Clubs Firm Foundations group.
- Share information about your group.
- Follow up.
Interview vs. Begging
Goal: to share your vision with confidence, while interviewing the person, instead of begging them to join your group.
Learn about the person. We want to grow in an eternal relationship with a person, finding their vision, strengths, needs, and future ministry desires, so that you can find out how to collaborate with them. Ultimately, you want to help them grow in the 1st commandment, so that they can live out the 2nd commandment lifestyle. (Matt. 22:36-39)
Goal: to grow in an eternal relationship with a person, finding their vision, strengths, needs, ministry, and money, so that you can find out how to collaborate with them. Show them that you actually care about them as a person.
Can you tell me about where your from, your friends and family?
(This is to get them to open up and share their story.)
And what do you do? (ex. ministry/occupation/school)
(This is to find our their vision or goals, and their strengths.)
Really FUN! What is something really fun you like to do?
(This is to find out their personality type.)
Extra Money. If money was no option, what would you do?
(This will give you their dream, and will show you their need(s).)
Share results with them:
- Grow in hearing the voice of God.
- Build upon foundational Christian truths.
- Learn enjoyable prayer.
- Revive your heart in the beauty of holiness.
- Overcome little nagging struggles.
- Pursue attainable holiness.
- Unlock creative writing skills.
- Grow in the gifts of the Spirit.
- Train to “GO and make disciples”
Modern Day Missionaries share about Holy Clubs Firm Foundations impacting the nations